After years of practically neglecting your skin’s health and appearance because everything goes back to normal anyway, you finally find yourself stuck with tired-looking skin and dark circles that wouldn’t go away. “Why, oh why?” Your cries don’t make things any better but, there are tried and test ways to help you get rid of dark circles starting tonight!
Your Dark Past
Before you go scrambling to get yourself the best eye cream according to some online list, what you need is a quick reflection focused on how well or how poorly you’ve been treating your skin simply because it matters for you to know and to stop bad practices if you want only what’s best for your eye skin. Here are the top reasons that lead to dark circles:
- Stress and sleeplessness. This constricts blood vessels which may cause it to bulge and break. The pigment from the leaked blood is what causes your eye skin to take on a darker color.
- Sun damage. When sun damage is involved, your tired look and dark circles under eyes will likely be accompanied by crow’s feet too. That’s how you know that to get rid of dark circle, you need to seriously examine how you have been protecting your skin from UV.
- Dry eyes and poor vision. Most dark circle remedies will neglect the direct relationship between aging eye skin and these two factors. Dry eyes add to your tired look and squinting will make you appear aged even more. Have your eyes been helplessly tired and suddenly watery? Then, you need to do something about those dry eyes of yours to improve puffy eyes and dark circles.
A Brighter Future For Your Eyes
There are several measures that you can take — from dark circle removal creams to non-invasive and minimally invasive procedures — to help you get rid of dark circles fast. Make no mistake about it: some of these treatments and remedies work so well that you can see improvements in the appearance of your eyes practically overnight.
Here are 7 treatments and remedies that you should try:
- Add an eye cream to your routine. Chances are, you’ve already done so, the second you started noticing dark circles and fine lines show around your eyes. Have you ever seriously considered what sets the best eye cream for dark circles apart from the rest? The first problem with eye creams is that these are differently formulated. Then, your second concern must be to make sure that your eye cream is formulated in a way that best complements your skin type and also your most pressing eye skin concern — in this case, it should help you get rid of dark circles.
What ingredients can help brighten your skin? You want a good concentration of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) to pack a powerful antioxidant punch that helps loosen up fluid buildups and improve blood circulation. To help enhance circulation further, you want to have ingredients like Vitamin K and caffeine in the formula.
- Get an uninterrupted sleep. Make it last for 7 up to 9 hours. Sometimes, a good night’s sleep is all your eyes need to become restored and rejuvenated. You will literally wake up to livelier, younger-looking eyes. Play a soft, soothing music in the background and make sure that you stay asleep until after you’re ready to open your eyes by silencing your devices.s
- Exfoliate. Exfoliation ought to be a key component of any skincare routine at any age. You must keep in mind, however, that your eye skin is extremely thin and delicate. For this purpose, you want to use an exfoliator that has been formulated to more specifically slough off and renew your eye skin.
You should also get a professionally administered exfoliation treatment periodically. Chemical peels and microdermabrasion are worthwhile investments to make for your skin. Intense Pulsed Light(IPL) therapy is a laser-based procedure commonly recommended for treating dark circles but many also do not recommend this for use on skin around the eyes.
- Skin resurfacing procedures. Sometimes, dark circles are caused by the shadow produced by puffiness. In which case, a skin resurfacing procedure can help you get rid of dark circle. This procedure lifts your sunken eyes as it helps even out your puffy eyes. Sleeping, rehydrating through diet, and using eyedrops will improve the appearance of your dark circles even more.
- Limit your screen time. Blue light from your devices can seriously damage and tire out your eyes. You should start making it a habit to look away from your skin every 20 minutes to rest your eyes. Timing your screen time can significantly improve your eye health and help you lighten the appearance of your eye skin at the same time.
- Dermal fillers. When skin dryness is the primary cause of your puffy eyes and dark circles, the best treatment that gives you fast-acting results will have to be hyaluronic acid fillers. These dermal fillers significantly amp up your skin’s moisture content and you’ll definitely see fuller, dewier, and brighter skin around your eye area by nightfall. The most experienced skin specialists will know exactly where it will make the most positive impact to help you get rid of dark circle.
- Get on a healthier diet and exercise. Tired, puffy eyes can also result from a high sodium diet. If you’ve been living off microwaveable meals and getting your daily dose of a bag of chips then, huge changes to your diet are imperative right this moment. A diet high in salt makes your body retain more fluids than it should. That stops wastes and toxins from exiting your system. Among many consequences, puffy eyes and dark circles are among them.
To further boost your eye skin’s appearance, start exercising. Light to moderate exercises work best in distributing nutrients throughout your body and, as such, rejuvenating your skin too
To get rid of dark circles, you need to outsmart your body’s natural mechanisms that give rise to tired-looking eyes. Apart from that, you should make the most of the scientific and technological advances in anti aging skin care. Do not be afraid to try what’s out there, just make sure that you know all the benefits that may be reaped and the consequences that may follow.