If you want to replace your currently installed windows, there is no doubt that you have heard about double and triple pane windows. These are common replacement windows Barrie options. They are famous for their energy efficiency and beauty.
But which is the best option between these two window options? What do homeowners consider when choosing between these two replacement windows styles? That is what we want to look at, including the right time to do a window replacement project.
- Double Pane Windows
These are no so complicated replacement windows Barrie styles, especially when it comes to construction. It comes with two glass panes instead of one. The space between the two panes is filled with inert gasses such as argon or krypton or the two gasses.
The window is constructed with low e-glass, and that improves its energy efficiency.
- It is energy-efficient, hence cost-effective.
- Readily available regardless of the specifications the buyer wants.
- Can be manufactured in different frame materials.
- Seals used in low-quality windows can break down.
- In case the glass breaks, it is hard to replace and also expensive.
- Triple Pane Windows
Generally, triple pane windows are used as a luxury window style by most homeowners, and therefore, you will not find it in most homes. The prime difference between this window style and double pane windows is that it comes with three glass panes. The additional glass pane is meant to boost the insulation of the window hence, increasing its energy efficiency, especially during cold winters.
Triple pane windows are also an excellent option if you intend to reduce the amount of noise getting into your home. Homeowners living in busy urban streets will find it quite useful.
- Offers better insulation compared to double-hung windows.
- It minimises outside noise.
- Though it is energy efficient, that might not be enough to justify its high cost.
- The windows are heavier than double-hung windows, and that may mean you should modify the structure of your home.
- When Do You Need Windows Replacement?
- If You Have Single Hung Windows
Though your single-hung windows might be in excellent condition, they may not be helping you cut monthly energy bills. This is because single hung windows offer little insulation. As such, this justifies getting new replacement windows Barrie.
- Hard To Keep Consistent Temperature In Your Home
If you have old and drafty windows, it will be hard to maintain an optimal temperature in your home. Your old windows will be forcing your HVAC system to work harder and therefore increase energy consumption, hence energy bills.
- Broken Windows
Broken windows are not only going to make your home less energy-efficient, but they are risky. So, you need to get new replacement windows.
- Damaged Windows
According to Total Home Barrie, old windows are likely to warp and be prone to damage. This is likely to affect the energy efficiency, curb appeal and security of your home. To avoid this, get new replacement windows Barrie.