How do you get the motivation to workout regularly? It is a question most people get asked almost as frequently as they exercise around three to five times a week and most people may struggle to find motivation to start working out. Even you all know that being active and partaking in a steady workout program is great for your body and mind. Yet, once in a while your inner thought may tell you to skip your workout program or to do something else like just staying on your couch playing with your phone. If you have every motive to workout but exercising seems to be at the bottom of your to-do list, you may be wondering why. The answer to the above question is different for everybody because you all have different potential reasons behind why you hardly find motivation to workout.
WHY YOU ARE NOT MOTIVATED TO WORKOUT
As mentioned above, there are many reasons why we may be as motivated to workout as we wanted to be. For instance, you may feel you are too busy, too tired or exercise is too boring and on and on. Though, that thought is what you tell to yourself, but the real reason why you are not motivated to do exercise may be a bit deeper, such as:
- Workout Does Not Fit Your Sedentary Jobs and Lifestyles: Nowadays situations may not necessitate as much movement for your body. Many of you spend most of your day working in front of the computer or phone and in the car. And, at night you are spending your time watching television, catching up on social media or playing online games. You do not have to be active to get all of that thing done, which means you have less walking and more sitting. The more you are sitting, the more you get used to sitting and it will be harder for you to get your body moving and get into an exercise habit. Moreover, according to an article, sitting too much may kill you, sitting for a long time may increase your chance to have type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer and early death. Therefore, please change your sedentary lifestyle, sitting less and moving more.
- Workout Is Unfamiliar For You: For several people, planning a workout is something they never have to do before. It will make it easier to ignore creating workout planning rather than figure out how to start an exercise program. If you do not want to make a workout plan from scratch, here is a three month workout plan to lose weight. This is especially right if your routine is particularly packed, leaving you very little energy to train a new exercise movement. You may feel like you lack the mental and physical ability to add one or more items to your to-do list, especially when that thing is something completely new to you.
- You Are Overweight: When you are overweight, you will find it harder to start working out. Your physical fitness issues may be the problem such as joint pain or injuries or you may have difficulty to move your body. It will be the reason for you to feel more intimidating and uncomfortable to workout.
- You May Do Not Have Time: You may be busier than ever and it will become a good excuse for you to skip exercise. You may feel too tired to workout after you do your routine and you may prefer to sleep than do exercise. But, if you put a second thought, exercise does not need to take a lot of time to be effective. If you look more carefully at how you schedule your time, you may be aware you have got more of it to carve out than you thought.
- You Are Too Stress: Reducing stress is one of the reasons why you want to exercise, but exercise may also put stress on your body. If you are stressed out, doing exercise may be the last thing you feel like to do, even though it will probably be the best thing for you.
- You Consider Exercise Is Too Luxury: May most of you recognize that workout is significant and has many benefits for good health, quality of life and weight management but it becomes an activity you think you will do once you have a less-full schedule. In other ways, you will consider it more of a luxury than something it has to do. The issue with this is your mind, the way of thinking you have to put in your mind that exercise is important for optimal mental and physical health. Not having enough workout may result in: it will improve your chance to have major medical issues such as hypertension and insulin resistance, weaken your muscle size and strength which may lessen your ability to engage in everyday routines, boost occurrence of low back pain as well as rises in back pain severity and disability, furthermore, it may also worsen your mental health, because to some extent exercise assists improve anxiety and depression. You may be too lazy to workout because you might think it is easy to get the benefits of exercise without exactly having to do it by consuming pills, doing diet or having plastic surgery.
- You May View Exercise Hard. You might view exercise too difficult for you, that is why you are not too motivated to do it. You may look at other people struggling to make it through their exercise plan and you do not intend to have those kinds of fights yourself. Your inspiration to do exercise may be even lower if, besides for being hard, you look at exercise as boring. For instance, you are imagining yourself walking on a treadmill to nowhere, and causing your eyes to roll back into your head. If you are looking at exercise as something negative such as boring, pointless, difficult, repetitious or so on, it is not likely to motivate you to get to start working out. Please avoid those kinds of thoughts because it will make you go nowhere!
FIND MOTIVATION TO WORKOUT
Most of you may know exercise is all about moving your body, but before it, the first step you should do is moving your mind. After you move your mind and pass through the obstacles which block your motivation to workout may open the door for new ideas, attitudes and a renewed motivation to exercise.
- You Should Acknowledge Where You Are. A long time ago, you had more reasons to move your body. You had to cut your own grass using grass shear, wash dishes by hand and walk or ride a bicycle to school because there are no cars or motorbikes. While you have been assisting with many of these tasks today, it is useful to remember that these modern day conveniences may contribute to your health issues if you let them take over to all of what you are doing. You should acknowledge where you are, as well as you have responsibility to maintain your health and fitness regularly, and help take care of things more in balance. This thing may also bring you one step closer to transforming your daily lifestyle because you realize where you have room to become better.
- You Have To Accept Workout as A Must. Workout is not negotiable if you want to become more healthy. Benefits of exercise cannot be instant by taking a pill, doing diet or having surgical procedure. Therefore, instead of looking at working out as an option, commit to performing it as a regular part of your routine, such as making your bed, brushing your teeth and having your meal. Creating peace with the idea of working out being as obligatory as taking out the waste often makes it a little easier to do. You do not have to workout in a gym or exercise for an hour either. You may exercise at your house or you may also do mini workout sessions yourself to better fit them in your daily routine.
- You Have To Give Your Workouts Meaning. For most of you, exercise is a vehicle to a goal. It is a method to build your muscles bigger and stronger or to lose your body weight. Having a concrete goal is good but there is another thing to the comparison that, when missing, creates exercise hard to keep up to long term purpose. It is likely, your exercises need to have value, unmindful, whether you ever achieve your workout goal or not. Working out for the final goal is not good enough to keep you driven and motivated. You may need it to mean something else now. You have to think about the value or meaning of exercise to you, in addition to a method to lose body weight or make your muscle bigger or stronger. So what is the value of exercise offered outside of your fitness goal? Your goal may include using working out as a method to reduce stress and keep you more active. Or maybe when you exercise is the only time you become yourself each day. You have to find your own value and meaning of exercise for yourself and you will be able to find your own motivation.
- You Have To Do What Feels The Best For You. It is essential for you to find your own path when it comes to workout. It is too frequently the most mainstream idea of workout entangles joining health clubs, working out on cardio machines and taking fitness classes. Yet what if doing those things make you revolt? There are some good ideas for you, you have the freedom to do whatever sport or exercise you love. If you do not like the aerobic class, you do not have to join one to get the benefit for your health. If you do not like the repetition and boredom of treadmills, you may try other interactive things such as basketball or other sports. There are countless methods to workout, therefore, you should not be afraid to think outside of the box. There is boxing, muay thai which is well known as thai boxing, hiking, mountain biking and dancing. Find out what you love and forget the rules.
While you are regarding your exercise obstacles, why you not start to work toward a more active lifestyle? You do not have to change your entire life upside down. Instead, you have to take small actions to begin living a healthier lifestyle. Adding more physical activities into your lifestyle habit. If you want to maintain things simple, you could do several walks throughout the day or add more laps the next time you shop at the supermarket. Once you are ready, incorporate a focused exercise session to boost your heart rate and augment your muscle.