Are you planning a low-cost foreign trip? Why not look to our north-eastern neighbour, Nepal? Because of our friendly relations with this country, it is one of the most accessible countries for Indians to visit. To visit the country, you will not require a visa or even a passport (though it is suggested that you do so). You could even use Indian cash across the border until recently. Nepal is one of the most popular adventure tourist locations in the world. The country also boasts a vibrant culture that is similar to ours.
Why is there a need to buy travel insurance for Nepal?
Although travel insurance is not required to visit Nepal, it is strongly advised. If you’re travelling internationally, you’ll need medical insurance to cover any unexpected medical expenses. If you incur any losses as a result of a trip cancellation, travel insurance for Nepal will assist you in covering your costs. Travellers have been known to lose their valuables and crucial documents while on the road; however, travel insurance will cover such loss.
Benefits of travel insurance for Nepal
You may leave all of your worries to the travel insurance for Nepal, from misplaced things to emergency medical care, and enjoy your holiday exactly as you intended it. Travel insurance has several advantages when visiting Nepal such as:
- No documentation required
- No medical examination is required for up to 90 years
- Trip Cancellation
- Local Assistance
- Lost or Delayed Baggage Coverage
- Duplicate or new passport in the event of a lost passport
- Compensation for flight delays
- Reimbursement for bounced hotel and airline reservations
- Emergency transportation to a hospital, treatment, and medical supplies are all covered.
- Automatic policy extension for 7 days
Coverage offered by travel insurance for Nepal
- Emergency medical expenditures
- Medical evacuation costs
- Accidental physical harm
- Duplicate passport costs
- Checked-in luggage loss
- Theft of travel funds
- Special distress allowance in the event of a hijacking
Requirements of travel insurance for Nepal
In the new normal of the post-pandemic world, to enter Nepal, visitors must show proof of a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of leaving, as well as the following documents:
- Proof of travel insurance that will cover them for the duration of their trip, including emergency search and rescue, medical treatment, and other expenses.
- To participate in tourist activities in Nepal, you would need a visa or a recommendation letter from the Department of Tourism or the Nepal Tourism Board.
- The barcode from the Online International Travel Arrival Form’s online application
Do I need a visa to visit Nepal?
To visit Nepal, Indian citizens do not require a visa. A valid passport and an election commission card are required. In addition, children under the age of 12 must have a birth certificate and a school identification card. You can have a glimpse of a complete guide here to visit Nepal without visa.
How much does the travel insurance for Nepal costs?
Well-known insurers like Care Insurance have great facilities and travel insurance coverage with low premiums. However, the premium is determined by several factors, including the number of travellers, their age, the destination country, the amount insured, and any pre-existing medical issues. the length of the trip, and the type of coverage chosen. You may use a travel insurance premium calculator to calculate and compare various premium amounts. As a result, you can personalise your selections and select cost-effective travel coverage.
Taking a trip abroad necessitates substantial planning to ensure a profitable and safe voyage with all precautionary measures. Travel insurance protects you not just from the chance of incurring unexpected medical bills, but also from other travel-related issues that could ruin your trip.